I'm joining my friend, Mandy, in her top five list this week: Movies. So, here is my top five list:
1. Pride and Prejudice: love, love, love. (the new version, not the PBS five movie long one- I'm not that hard core!) Best love story ever, breathtaking screenplay, amazing soundtrack, plus, it's just a gloriously written script. I blame my public school education that I've never read Jane Austin, but she's on my list of reads for the future.
2. Amadeus. The soundtrack is o.k., but the acting is amazing. Just kidding! It's Mozart, of course the soundtrack is the best things about the movie! And the guy who plays Mozart is wonderfully quirky and charming. I'm not sure how much of the movie is true, but it is a great story.
3. A series of Unfortunate Events. The reason this one is on my top five is because of the phenomenal job Jim Carry does with the character(s) of the Count. HILARIOUS! So funny, I laugh my head off every time. He really is one of the most talented actors. I marvel at the way he plays each character so brilliantly.
4. The Lord of the Rings (all of them) there's no way to pick just one of these!
5. Batman Begins- probably my all time favorite action film. or Last Samurai with Tom Cruise- just a great movie all around. Wonderful story.