- An appreciation for Lord of the Rings and the X- Men trilogies. Having read the book and the comics, Eric happily fills me on the details while we watch these movies.
- Good beer can be made in a plastic container in your basement (much to my surprise!) Eric loves his Mr. Beer making kits and has made some really good brews- and some not so good ones.
- Find joy in all things and if it's not there, make it! - from the everyday circumstances to making time to be silly, my husband has brought me so much joy and taught me how to do the same.
- A good marriage is not something that simply is (or is not)- you have to work at it every day. Eric works very hard on being the husband I need him to be and I try to do the same for him.
- The best things in life are not only free, but freely given in abundance. Eric has taught me about about God's love and how to be a generous lover by his own example.
Friday, July 9, 2010
Five Years and Counting...
Today my husband and I have been married for five years. Five of the best years of my life! Here are five things I have learned from my husband: