Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Almost Omelet

Today I was so excited to go to downtown Fredericksburg and see a giant 5,000 egg omelet being made right before my eyes. I was also excited about the possibility of eating this amazing eggy delight cooked by the French chefs of our sister city in, Frejus, France.  It almost happened. Well, at least for me. I'm pretty sure the omelet happened. It just happened without me.

Here's the mini parade of French chefs and U.S. chefs celebrated unity with food in giant proportions. Makes sense to me! If someone wanted to win me over, all they would have to do is make me some good food and I'm pretty sure I would instantly be their best friend.

Here's are the chefs prepping the giant pan with gallons of oil and pounds of butter.

Next I saw them add a few pounds of onions and green peppers. Look at those huge paddles! I was really looking forward to the big flip! But sadly, after that, the kids and I could take no more of the heat and headed to the car.  If only I had known the omelet wasn't going to be made until 11:00am instead of 10:00am. That hour and a half we were in the heat and humidity really did us in. I even lasted a half an hour more than my friend who went with us.  Oh well, there's always next year and 5,000 more eggs.

Here's some pics of my cute downtown across the river from us.

















Here's Liam's favorite stop: the toy store that has a train table set up inside!

Here's a pic of me and Liam and red-faced Analee being very uncomfortable in the heat.  We couldn't even fake a smile. Notice the sign behind us says, "Comfort Station". Hahaha! How ironic! In case you're wondering, there was not a dunking tank back there for those about to suffer a heat stroke, only some toilets.  Comfort? ha! Not what I had in mind.
I'm sure you're drooling over my gorgeous jewelry.  I had to wear my new creations that I made yesterday. They will be in my new shop along with my new upgraded rosaries. I won't be selling anything until after our vacay in Louisiana.  Unfortunately that means you'll have to wait almost two weeks before you can look so fabulous too!  Never fear, I will post some pics of my jewelry so you can get a better view of it before I leave.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Wow, you guys look warm. Sounds like a good time! And very cute pictures of Fred. :) Have lots of fun on vacation but save some for MN!!
P.S. Yes, i was definitely drooling.. :D