Friday, February 12, 2010

The Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist



Thanks, Mujer Latina for sharing this. The Dominican Sisters have so many young postulants- and it's no wonder why when you look at the joy they have there. I went on a five day retreat at the Dominican Sisters of Nashville TN where I finally descerned religious life was not my calling. The sister in charge of vocations said, "Maybe religous life is like a shoe in a window. You really like the shoe, but when you try it on, it doesn't fit." I can still say I really like that shoe, but I am glad to have found out it that it doesn't fit rather than have never known.

I especially love the last minute of this segment where they talk about a new young group of men and women who are changing our culture in radical ways. Some call it the JPII Generation because we have grown up with the Great Pope John Paul II as our model and leader.

No comments: