Friday, February 12, 2010

Brotherly Love

Yesterday, I cracked open the publication of my alma mater: Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio and read the opening letter from the president, Fr. Terry TOR. The letter was an affirmation to the students, alumni and the institution itself. I mean, seriously, it's only the greatest school on the face of the earth ;) So I read on with pride and was suprised to see something from my home state. The Archbishop John C. Nienstedt of St. Paul and Minneapolis is quoted saying,

"The Franciscan University of Steubenville is a highly regarded and respected institution throughout the world that serves as a shining example of what higher Catholic Education can look like...One need only look to the alumni of this fine institution to see the fruits of your labor."

Guess who wrote it? My brother who is the administrative chancellor for Arch Bishop Nienstedt. I laughed my butt off! My brother only knows a few Franciscan alumni- namely, my husband and I, and some of our friends he's met along the way. I'm sure the Arch Bishop knows many fine alumni, but I couldn't help but think my brother was paying me a compliment so I gave him a call. Do you know what he said? He said he was talking about my husband. HAHAHA! good one, Tom. I'm not fooled ;) I know you love me!

No comments: