Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Analee's Baptism



Above: Godfather tracing the sign of the cross on Analee's forehead. 

My daughter, Analee Juliet Harkins was baptized on May 17 in Minnesota by my father, Deacon James Schulzetenberg. My sister, Julie and her husband were chosen as godparents.  It was so special to have the baptism with all my family in my hometown and it was very special to have my father to do the baptism. It was his second baptism since his ordination last year.  Analee wore a very special gown that was passed down on the Harkin's side. Eric's grandmother and her brother wore it in the early 1900's, Eric wore it, and so did my son, Liam. 

It was an unforgettable moment to see Analee being baptised.  I hope to raise her and teach her in the Catholic faith so that one day we can be together in heaven. 

No comments: