Thursday, June 28, 2012

Introducing My New Saint Andrew Chaplet


There will be better pictures of this when my shop reopens in September, but for now, here's a sneak peek at the face of my new St. Andrew Chaplet.  This chaplet is my all time favorite prayer that I share with everyone, so I wanted to make the beads extra special.  In case you missed the previous post on how I made these beads, click here.

The St. Andrew Chaplet is a preparatory prayer for Christmas, so purple, being the anticipitory liturgical color of the Advent season, is also a fitting color for these beads. 

The chaplet starts on St. Andrew's feast day, November 30, and ends on Christmas day.  The prayers themselves have nothing to do with St. Andrew, but since it starts on his feast day, we call it his chaplet.  With how powerful this chaplet is, from what I have experienced and witnessed,  I do believe he has a special role in preparing hearts for the Christ Child. 

The star theme of my beads are meant to be a reminder of the star of Bethelehem. As we journey through advent, we followers of the star, just like the three wise men.

The St. Andrew chaplet has also been used as an anticipatory prayer for couples who are trying to conceive or for the pregnant mother awaiting the birth of her baby. Because St. Andrew is the patron saint of women trying to conceive, this chaplet can be a great prayer any time of the year. Julie Cragon has a powerful story of the miracle that happened when she and her husband prayed the St. Andrew Chaplet in anticipation of their first born.

My previous St. Andrew beads were made to look like a star busting forth with indescribable light and life, just as the star over Bethelehem bursted through the piercing cold that first Holy Night to bring us light and life to the fullest.  I think this is a fitting description for these kaliescope beads as well.

Hail, and blessed be the hour and moment at which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in the piercing cold. In that hour vouchsafe, Oh my God!, to hear my prayers and grant my desires (Mention your intentions here), through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

                              --To be prayed 15 times every day starting on November 30 until Christmas day. 

No comments: