Monday, June 25, 2012

Birthday Girl's Necklace

One of my sisters turned 15 a couple of weeks ago and when I finished my St. Andrew kaleidoscope beads, I knew one of them would make the perfect necklace for her.  I coupled the purple beads with the yellow damask background beads of my St. Patrick shamrock.  Small wooden beads are knotted in between the clay ones.  Here's the finished product:


It was my first time stringing beads on this type of string. I like the casual/boho look of it, but making all those knots was so time consuming, it would not be the ideal necklace to make for many people.

I have to admit, I'm a bit sad to send this away. This sort of carefree necklace is my sort of jewelry. Just throw on and go! I may have to make one for myself...

Happy Belated Birthday, Katie!

2 comments:

Katie Rose said...

that is really pretty Sarah. it does look like a lot of work. make one for yourself, you are allowed to do that from time to time!

Mandy Benton said...

Oh, pretty! Love the boho look.