Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What's Up Wednesday

I almost forgot to do this!

This Wednesday, what's up with...

Clay Rosaries: This morning dropped off my first Fredericksburg rosary for a mom who is in my mom's group at church. Thanks, Sue- and thanks Barb for referring Sue!

Me: Can't wait to spend QT some time with my hubby tonight and discuss our parenting book.

Kids:Liam loves his new Kettler trike we found on Craigslist. He rode around the driveway this morning while I made some beads. Analee has discovered if she screams like a banshee, she usually gets what she wants.

Husband: Brewing his second batch of beer- a stout made with 8 shots of espresso. His first batch turned out surprisingly well. It was enjoyed by all his friends too.

Book I'm Reading: Ch. 2 Parenting with Grace--The Catholic Parent's Guide to Raising Almost Perfect Children by Dr. Popcak.

What's in the oven: Chocolate Chip cookies made with whole wheat, oatmeal, and ground flax seed. I hope they're good- the first batch just came out!

What's on my mind: Calling my sister. and saying, "for the Honor and Glory of God" after all I do. I think that if I cannot say that while I am doing something- it's not for God's Glory,and why do it? Like Eating too many chocolate chip cookies- I don't think that's going to give God honor and glory- so I'll try not to do it- try is the key word.

What's up and coming: Our weekend! which starts when Eric wakes up today and ends when he goes back to work Friday night. Strange, huh?

Best thing that happened to me today: getting glorious hugs from everyone in my family. They are the best huggers ever.

Good link? Thanks, MujerLatina, for this link: http://yimcatholic.blogspot.com -Why I am Catholic blog is very interactive and provides good discussion.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great link I especially enjoy: YIM Catholic. It's a blog written by two guys who are recent converts to Catholicism. IThey often invite "guest posts", and I think that YOU would be an inspiration to this blog as a guest poster!! Also, Webster Bull has two colege-aged daighters going through RCIA and is always looking for role models for his daughters. As a young Catholic woman you fit the bill.

Sarah Harkins said...

thanks, Mujer Latina! I added it :)

Maria said...

Dear Sarah,

Your rosaries are so beautiful! I would love to order one, but unfortunately can't right now. I am in the midst of a big trial right now and out of work. I am not sure when I am going to be able to go back to work. I am hoping soon.

We have some things in common though. Like you, I have a devotion to the Blessed Mother and the Rosary. I have found that when dealing with endometriosis, two surgeries, and infertility Jesus and the Blessed Mother through praying the rosary give me a lot of peace and comfort. That is why with this newest trial, I have picking up the rosary beads and praying a LOT of rosaries.

I read through some of the posts on your blog and learned we also share a birthday - August 2nd.

Could you PLEASE pray for me?

1)For hubby and I to be blessed with a baby.

2) That I receive good news soon regarding this current trial and I can return to work soon

Sarah, thank you so much!
May God Bless you and your family!

Love,
Maria Therese In Mass

Sarah Harkins said...

Maria Therese, I will pray another rosary for you. The first time you asked, I prayed one as well. If you email me your name and address, I will send you the St. Andrew Chaplet (as soon I make one- still in the process of creating them). The St. Andrew Chaplet is for women trying to conceive. May God give you peace in this time of trial. God Bless you and your husband!

Anonymous said...

Maria Therese:
My prayers are also with you! The Rosary can bee such a calming meditation in the midst of the firestorm of life.