Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summer Slowdown

It's the summer slowdown for sellers of religious goods worldwide.  I'm taking advantage of this down time to do many a thing.  I might also add, it seems to be a slow down for bloggers the world over. I for one, will probably be posting a little less. But here's what I've been up to:
  • Searching the Internet for inspiration for my new jewelry line.  Since polymer clay jewelry is almost nonexistent in stores, I had a hard time thinking of ways to incorporate my clay beads into attractive jewelry pieces.  Not to fear, I have found more than enough inspiration from online shops.  So hang on...jewelry will be coming to Clay Rosaries by the end of the summer!
  • Along the lines of new jewelry...I spent quite a bit of time putting together a HUGE order from Firemountain Beads for jewelry components.  I am looking forward to that coming so I can get started on some clay jewelry making!
  • Slicing beads....lots of beads! Remember all those clay canes I put together in the past three months? (several simple ones I didn't even post).  Well, now I have to roll all those canes and slice them into beads for rosaries.  This time consuming activity I have saved for a time when I wouldn't be so busy...like now. 
  • Perusing downtown Fredricksburg (it is one of the coolest downtown's ever- plus it's a half a mile away!), hanging out with friends more, and trying to take it easy on this pregnant body of mine ...which can easily translate into filling my tummy with lots of ice cream, chocolate and whatever else I can think of at the moment....hmmm...pickles sound good! 
I hope you are enjoying your summer as much as I am!  Now I had better get back to work.  So many beads to slice, and only three months left! 

4 comments:

Christina said...

...pickles, that is random O_o haha, how is Fredricksburg, i wish we would have had more time to look there :(, it looked really fun, how is it??

Sarah Harkins said...

next time I'm downtown, I'll take pictures and post them.

breadgirl said...

Hi Sarah
You sound busy but happy! That is a great way to be. I always enjoy your posts. Thanks and God bless you.

Julie Cragon said...

I too feel the slow down both at business and blogging. I am working on some other writing and completely enjoying my kids. I love summer!