Monday, June 3, 2013

My Almost 6 Month Old

support sitting!


I can't believe I'm even typing these words, "almost 6 months old"! Has it really been a month since my last post! Where did May go?? 

Well, for us, we had a wonderful visit from Minnesota family, a baptism, and we just finished up with a visit from my husband's parents.  The fun never stops! and somehow neither does the dirty laundry or the dirty kitchen even when we're having fun. That's just not right.

Check out my Ann Burt retablos! I know, I need to rearrange them, but aren't the neat? The kids love them too. Here's a link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Art4thesoul
Faustina had her first meal in May and many more since. She enjoys everything I've given her so far except for French onion soup. I am laughing as I recall her face. Babies make the cutest looks of disgust. They also make the cutest pouty faces.
eating her avo

Speaking of food, my oldest son has hit some sort of magical time where he suddenly likes everything I cook! Well, almost everything.  He now whoops in approval of what I am cooking and during dinner, he showers me with compliments.  It's an amazing transformation. I've waiting 5 and a half LONG years for this day.  I'm still in disbelief.  It's not like I've changed anything about what we are eating. He's always hungry too. I guess he's going through a growth spurt.   I am so happy about this, I feel like doing this:

I've been working a new bead. I hope it turns out so I show you...I've only been working on it for a month-almost. It's almost done if I could only find the time to work on it!

But life with the kids is the most important and I'm trying to enjoy it amid the busy. Such a balance! I try to take my cues from these silly guys who always know how to enjoy life:
 Eric and Faustina play the piano whenever she is upset and it always calms her down. She loves music!

4 comments:

Allison said...

OH! Did I introduce you to Ann Burt? I love her retablos; they are one of my go-to Confirmation and graduation gifts.

Loving that pic of Eric and Faustina. Love!

Jamie Jo said...

Oh, my gosh, that last picture!!! The perfect Father's day picture! Oh she's a honey. All you kids are. The avocado picture made me think of Simeon, he loves Avocado, but with his mouth and nose the way it is, he has this green slime stuff that comes out his nose while he eats it. (there is still a small hole in his mouth, so instead of chunks coming through his nose, it's more of a slobbery food)

Loved this post!!

Katie said...

She is beautiful! I love the first pic of her!!

Katie Rose said...

thank you for this post, it is so sweet. looks like you have a lot to smile about.