Saturday, August 21, 2010

In the Land of Ten Thousand Lakes


I knew from watching Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, that it was dangerous to swim at dusk when it's feeding time for sharks.  What I didn't know was that it's also dangerous to swim at feeding time in Minnesota lakes! Never have I gotten bit by a fish from swimming in lakes all my life, but after only 30 seconds of swimming at dusk, Liam comes running out of the water screaming bloody murder that a lizard had bit him.  Obviously, there are no lizards in the lake, but a fish had definitely nibbled at his toe which is why you see him in the above photo without his toes in the water. I don't blame him either, those fish were vicious! Next time, we'll swim at noon.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Wonderful photos! Who is the photog?!

Mandy said...

aw, poor Liam! At least he's a good sport and got back into the water!

Sarah Harkins said...

Allison- my 16 year old sister has an eye for photography. She will appreciate the compliment!